Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Day 2, 2008

Hello there.

Today I woke up from a restless night where I ate and ate and saw T.V. and dogs barked and all. I went up fresh to work to do a intensive day of websurfing with my colleague so we could find things to include in the 2008 version of our kindergarten software. The latest version is from 2002, still in VB6. Yuck.
We had lots of laughs for bugs in other softwares, took some ideas forward and are beginning sketching the new application. In VS2008 oh yeah.

I am now reformulating my own project. I will begin by basing it in the latest client website I created in December, and then:
- Rebuild the database from scratch, for multilingual purposes
- Move all existing code from .aspx back to classes structures
- Create visual parts that call the class structures, so I can better place them on page
- Integrate those database-driven visual elements in a css/html template I already got
- Rebuild the backoffice part to get in sync with the new stuff
And from then on:
- Make the code-behind migrate to webservices, to be available to many sites at once
- Etc.

Tonight I can't code because I'm going out with a couple friends, I haven't seen them since last year lol.

Bye!

No comments: