Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A little more thinking

Hello.

Today I went helping my girl with a PowerPoint presentation for her school. It wasn't hard to do, but managed to finish in the nick of time before her laptop went battery dead.
Tomorrow I'll return to my home away from home. I will get the paid room another month and do a course on teaching classes. I mean, teaching how to teach. Good for resumé.

Meanwhile I'm evaluating some tools, such as Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 or Microsoft Expression Web. Frankly, apart some background programming, the two are quite similar at first sight.

My project is shaping, yesterday I thought of doing something in the ways of a portal with access to various areas, each with it's own peculiarities but everyone sharing the same code, only differing data and presentation. In the first step it's also easier to use the same domain name that to distribute for various.

Also while seeing some tools, my mind wanders to "what if I don't do programming but instead pick a ready made system with hundreds of addons like DotNetNuke or OSCommerce?".
I'm drowning in thoughts...

No comments: