Thursday, April 26, 2007

Another day goes by

Today I've sent about 10 more job resumés, no answer yet.
I've also sent the proposal to that website redesign to those other clients.
And as the days go by, the date is nearing to leave this room and get back to parent's house. I DO NOT want that, because that is the worst thing. Sense of defeat.

My business idea is germinating but I have much to read and to think, but the general sense is that it's hard. Don't know if I can pull this off again. I've had a business for 4 years and I failed due to some inabilities of mine, which I identified somewhat and am trying to get a go at it again.

Here is a list that I plan to make grow to serve as guidelines for my new business. Feel free to add or comment on them too.

- Have methodology - don't reinvent the wheel or reinvent the same wheel everytime
- Clients come first - before hours, family, food, or else they go get business elsewhere
- Return all calls - either emails, phone calls, faxes, memos, return them at the earliest opportunity
- Solve clients problems timely and immediately - they don't need problems, need solutions and a breeze working with your product
- Delay is stressful and a death setence - When I delay things it's mainly because I feel bored to do it right then or the "I'll have time later" syndrome. Don't!
- Testing is important. Never release anything before testing and testing and testing...
- Confidence, know-how, incentive, you're the man, it's the best product, the best business
- Be fast and adaptative is always better that slow and monolithic - hurry up!
- Details, details, details are important little things
- Go that extra mile - it is the extra work hour that separates you from competition
- Document everything that moves - be it code, accounting, website changes, everything should be dated and commented, or else you lose important info and may have to ... reinvent the wheel once again. Keep important links to sites, keep that .zip files sent by email.
- Backup. Period. Backup Periodically.

Am I on the right track?

No comments: